Monday, February 27, 2012

extra day 2012 - a day for you to do something you have been meaning to do

2012 is a leap year. That means we get a whole extra 24 hours. Don't squander it by pretending it's like any other day. Plan to do something that you have been postponing due to "not enough time." Finish a project, phone a long-lost friend or relative, investigate something you've been meaning to investigate, take an alternate route, sign up, commit, cancel, change - it's up to you, and the possibilities are limitless, for 24 hours only (not really, but it's a good day to begin). 

If you think you've heard about this already from me, it may be because I tried this once before. I think it was Leap Year 2004. I think it was before I started blogging and I just sent emails to everyone I know. I know it was before facebook, or at least before I knew about facebook. Anyway, hardly anyone responded but I remember I celebrated Extra Day 2004 on my own. I called a friend who I hadn't called in a couple of years. It was nice to talk to her. I'd been meaning to call for ages.


This year, I am planning to take some time on Extra Day 2012 to express my appreciation and gratitude to a few people in my life. I always say thank you, but often I think I should do more: make a phone call or send a note, then I don't get around to it. I'm going to do a bit of catching up with the extra time that this day will give me.


And guess what? there's facebook now! So I created an event and invited a hundred friends who each invited some more friends. So it looks like quite a few people might join me in celebrating the day this year.


Please pass this invitation along to anyone you know who might also be procrastinating. And if you're on facebook you can join the event, and invite your friends to join. But even if you don't, I hope you celebrate the day by doing something that you have been meaning to do.


question: what have you been meaning to do?


mompoet - inviting you!

No comments: