Monday, January 17, 2011

it's monday this must be dayton

Last night we turned in the rental car. I can now say that I have driven an SUV (with summer tires) considerable distances on midwest freeways in the freezing cold and light snow for a few days. Luckily the roads were clear and dry and the GPS worked. Except for one hilarious loop-de-looping misadventure on Saturday evening, I have found our targets neatly and quickly. I'm not sure what happened Saturday. I guess that I am not good at following precise directions in rapid sequence while traveling at high speed. We circled our hotel area on instersecting freeways for about 10 extra minutes going on-ramp/off-ramp/on-ramp/off-ramp. Our dear GPS, nicknamed "Audrey 3," just said "Re-calculating route" every time I missed the correct turn, and she got us in to where we needed to go, eventually.

This morning we shuttled in to the airport from our hotel, and now we wait for the plane to New York. Fiona is looking at Broadway musicals online. I am checking email, facebook chatting and posting this blog. Gotta go. They're calling us to board.

question: what do you recommend in New York?

mompoet - going NOW!

No comments: