Monday, July 11, 2011

good things this weekend

Well, the photo is actually from last weekend, sitting on the lawn at the Golden Spike Days festival, but it evokes the same feeling that kept going this weekend.

Nothing momentous this weekend, just a bunch of nice, small, happy things:

  • Off work early Friday, I met up with Andrew and went for lunch at Golden Pita, a gem of a place across the street from my office. We shared a fattoush salad. I had a falafel, he had a donair. mmmm
  • Annual screening mammogram Friday afternoon. Good because of the good it does and it was quick and easy. I like to call it my "annual screaming mammogram," but it's really not like that at all.
  • Potluck supper for the ladeez on Friday evening at Myrna's. Happy 50th birthday Karen! I had to step out for a few minutes to pick up Fiona from her new job. We went back to Myrna's together for Karen's cake and gifts. That was really nice.
  • Sleeping in on Saturday morning, then eating breakfast on the deck. I did a bit of house cleaning and read this awesome book, recommended to me by Fiona.
  • Attended Andrew's work barbeque at his boss's house on Saturday afternoon. It was very relaxed and friendly. A great group of people and an awesome meal, cooked by Andrew's work friend Ed.
  • Got home early from the party. No kids to pick up later because they shared the car and drove for one another. Went to bed early (thinking I sound old when I say that's a plus!)
  • Church on Sunday all about Matthew and sowing seeds on the path, in the weeds, in the rocks and in good soil. Good thoughts and a meeting after to plan for our minister Julie's holiday coverage. I'll lead worship on August 7.
  • Coquitlam Farmer's Market after church. I found some local strawberries, right at the end of the season. Phew! almost missed my chance to make some jam for the coming winter.
  • Lunch on the deck. I love our deck!
  • Walk around the neighbourhood with Andrew in the afternoon. We once walked these streets every day with the kids or the dog or both. Now we tend to go elsewhere for our walks. We have a great neighbourhood for walking. There is no such thing as a flat walk near our hillside home, so good exercise too.
  • An afternoon spent in the kitchen making supper (taco salads), rhubarb crisp and strawberry jam.
  • Watched this lovely video before bed. Thanks for the recommendation and the loan, Diane!
  • Thought I was going to have to stay up to pick up Fi from the outdoor movie at Rocky Point Park, but she got a ride home so I had time to cozy in and read a bit more before sleeping.
It was a lovely weekend.

question: did you have a good one?

mompoet - hope so!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

It was great to see you & Fiona on Friday ... it sounds as though your entire weekend was wonderful!

Cathy