- (at going home time) I'm in a hurry to get home and do something super important, and I dallied at work and worked a half hour longer than I should have worked, and now I will be late for the super important thing that I have to do at home and there's not enough time to walk. (Phew, by the time I said that, I could have walked halfway home already!)
- I don't feel like changing back into my walking clothes.
- (in the morning) I'm late leaving so I'll be late to the office if I walk.
- I don't feel like packing my work clothes in my backpack.
- (at going home time) My sweet husband is right across the street at the mall running an errand on his way home from work, and he has just called me to offer me a ride home. (This excuse is technically not lame. Just for the record.)
- I had to drive to work this morning, so the car is here. If I walk home, how will the car get home?
- I have to pick up some groceries on the way home.
- It's a full moon/new moon/eclipse of the moon/transit of Venus/aurora borealis etc
- It's raining.
- I forgot to download some new podcasts for the walk.
- We are out of peanut butter and the cat can't find her house key.
- I forgot to learn how to play the piano.
- There is no such thing as bingo pie.
question: did you talk yourself out of something today?
mompoet - laughing at myself whenever I get the chance