Sunday, December 26, 2004

Seven Movies for Seven Days

My most favourite couch pursuit is reading, but watching a good movie is probably number 2. To help myself remember to slow down through the holidays, after I went to the library and stocked up on good stuff, I rented 7 movies for 7 days for $9.99 at Rogers. We have them until Wednesday, and we've watched a couple. They're all "7 day movies" that have been around for awhile, but often that's where you find the treasures.

Last night my husband, daughter and I watched "Welcome to the Dollhouse." I thought I'd seen it already, but I realised I had it mixed up with Ghost World. (Gee, now I'll have to rent that and watch it again.) Dollhouse just blew me away. If you haven't seen it, put it on your list. I remember now that I tried to see it in the theatre with a couple of friends a few years ago, but we got lost zig-zagging up and down on Granville Street and we ended up walking over to Robson where we drank coffee and I watched them smoke cigars which was supposedly cool for women at the time but I thought it was just a female form of d.o.l. (Tell you what that means another time.) And we never saw it.

Today I am going to do my other couch activity for as much of the day as I can. After I read for a couple of hours, maybe we will watch Arsenic and Old Lace which is a million times better at Christmas time than It's a Wonderful Life, no matter what everyone says.

Question: What do you like to do on the couch?

mompoet - reminding you that some couch-worthy activities are even better on the floor, under the Christmas tree, if you can ever get the kids to go to bed
(oops, too much information)

No comments: