Friday, December 17, 2004

Jalapenos Part 2

WARNING: COMPARED TO MY LAST POST THIS IS BORING. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A CATALOGUE OF RUDE WORDS. IF YOU ARE BORED BY A LACK OF RUDENESS YOU MAY STOP READING NOW.

First of all, I realised they aren't even jalapenos. Jalapenos are green and fatter. Yes, I am obsessive about details. If anyone can identify what kind of peppers they are, I think I can let it go.

Second, my dad, who knows almost everything, told me about the "Mood Watch" feature on Eudora:

The story is that it was put in to pacify some business people who wanted their employees using Eudora not to offend people they e-mailed. The bad words list is hard-wired deep inside the program. If it were an external plug in, people like me could (and would) go in and modify it. If I were a programmer I might even be able to dig into the program as it now stands and do that. ... And if you really dislike Mood Watch, you can turn it off. Windows-using business employees are presumed to be stupid enough that they won't open the Settings option and turn it off.

Thus enlightened, I found the settings list and twiddled with Mood Watch. I'll probably turn it off later, but for now I'm still playing. I discovered that 3 is the maximum number of peppers. Gosh, here I was hoping to find a way to get 5 or 6. Also, I have never seen just 1 because that feature was not activated in the default settings. So now I have turned it on so I can be warned if I have received or am about to send a just slightly possibly offensive message.

Already, my friend Kirsi has purposefully sent me a 3 chili message just to find out what her rating would be. Yayyy Kirsi!!! You scored maximum allowable chilis! Now go wash your mouth out with soap!

Question: What variety of peppers pop up for persistent potty-mouth?

mompoet - punchy, prudish, vicariously potty-mouthed


No comments: