Sunday, November 27, 2011

monolingual

I got my birthday email from RW&Co clothing company today. Unfortunately it was all in French, which is totally perplexing to me because I speak only English. I feel embarrassed to admit this. People all around me speak French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Tagalog. I speak English only.  So I could not understand the instructions about how to get my 25% discount at RW&Co for my birthday.

I could make out that the offer is for 3 days before and 3 days after my birthday, and for my birthday itself, I think. Fortunately, when I logged onto the RW&Co website with my ID, there was a birthday message, and a link to print out the birthday offer en Anglais. I also checked my account settings and switched to communication in English.

question: in what language do you speak birthday?

mompoet - un seulement

No comments: