Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend - the list

I have enjoyed a great 6-day break from work and routine. Today is day 6 of 6, so I am looking back. Here's what-all happened.

  • I got a haircut.
  • I swept the winter blowdown off the deck.
  • I bought vegetables and reorganized the fridge.
  • My sister and her family arrived from Cranbrook.
  • My family and I spent lots of time at Mom and Dad's place, visiting with the whole big family.
  • I attended church twice (Good Friday and Easter Sunday).
  • I lounged at my parents' place with my Mom, Dad and sister while the girl teenagers had a supper party at our house and the boy teenagers and husbands went to the hockey game.
  • I chatted on the phone with various friends.
  • I finished reading a novel.
  • I worked on a poem.
  • I wrote morning pages.
  • I saw the movie The Counterfeiters.
  • I shopped at T&T Supermarket.
  • I went for some nice long walks outdoors.
  • I roasted a turkey and made mashed potato casseroles.
  • I didn't let anyone else mess with the gravy.
  • I played home-made balderdash with the whole big family. Now everyone calls Grandma "Gumma" which is really gross if you know the definition of gumma.
  • I finally had supper at Cap Hill Szechuan with my sister and her family and my family and my Mom and Dad. Sister and family have been waiting 2 and a half years for this.
  • I played Apples to Apples with some of the family.
  • I hid Easter baskets for the teenagers.
  • I hunted for chocolate eggs, hidden by the teenagers for the adults.
  • I drove various kids around in my car.
  • I gave my car to my son to drive various cousins around in.
  • I painted my toenails.
  • I slept in.
  • I read newspapers and magazines.
It was a nice break.

question: what did you do for Easter weekend?

mompoet - going back to work tomorrow, rested and replenished

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's technically fall here but you wouldn't know it. Our little lagoon is full of newly hatched, juvenile fish so I spent most of this weekend visiting with the new arrivals. The whole reef seems caught up in the excitement of fresh finny faces - everybody is out of their hiding spots and swimming around.

Life abounds!

The islanders celebrated with a big cricket match yesterday,which always makes scootering interesting as the road is considered part of the pitch!

Glad you enjoyed your hoppy holidays!

Pearl said...

wow, that sounds like a fab Easter. "I didn't let anyone else mess with the gravy." made me chuckle. Nothing spectacular here. No kids, no eggs, no family celebration, a meal with the folks. A lovely day off with the hub being around home and each other.