Tuesday, April 18, 2006

And the winner is....

Toronto's Michelle Muir is the winner of the CBC Poetry Face Off. I heard her delicious poem, "My Fantastic Journey to Planet Irresistible," and agree, it's an excellent choice. Congratulations to Michelle!

Thank you to everyone who made me feel so good about being Vancouver's representative in the Face Off. This has been a fantastic journey for me too, ending with me this morning, listening to CBC Fredricton online to get a 4 hour jump on the 11am announcement. I wish I could have won, but that's okay - listening to all of the other poets on the radio a couple of weeks ago, and reading their bios on the website, I know I am in distinguished company. I am honoured just to be thought of as one of them.

Thank you friends, thank you family, thank you CBC. Thank goodness for poetry!

question: what's next?

mompoet - life full of surprises

1 comment:

Carol said...

'What's next" exactly.

Go, Mompoet, go!