Friday, February 17, 2006

Dear Cathy

Thank you for loaning me The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I am loving it very much, as do apparently many other readers. I was reading it yesterday while I made a blood donation, and 3 different people came up to me and told me what a good book it is. It is so good that I have stopped reading the newspaper, which is a real indicator. I must apologize that I got pomegranate juice on pages 91 and 92. Just wanted to let you know that's all it is. Also I cried shortly after, but I managed to keep the pages dry. I can see that this will be story of redemption (I hope). My emotional response so far is to love Amir and hope hope hope that things will get better for him. And also to hope hope hope they won't get worse for Hassan and Ali. That's all I'll say for now. I also began worrying about my sister and her family in Africa, even thought The Kite Runner is set in Afghanistan. But just about everything makes me feel that way, only this story especially.

Thank you Cathy. I'm going to finish this book in the next 24 hours. It is spectacular.

question: what are you reading?

mompoet - novel-chomper

No comments: