Saturday, May 28, 2005

mompoet puts by

I saw dill cukes at the veggie store yesterday, and asparagus is down to 1.99/lb. On the radio they said that Friday was the first day for picking local strawberries. Here we go!

Last summer I mostly coasted on my pickling, canning and jamming from the previous summer, but the cupboard is looking a bit bare now so it's going to be a big bickle jammy yammy summer. I also have wine to bottle. The stuff I make is so delicous and healthy, and it's very satisfying to see rows of jars and bottles just sitting there, available when we need them.

If you're walking your dog late at night and get a waft of vinegar coming from my kitchen window you know it's pickle daze.

asparagus, dill cukes, garlic, beans, beets, bread and butter, salsa, bruschetta, jalapenos, strawberry, raspberry, peach, plum, applesauce, yum

question: I hope everyone's hungry?

mompoet - putting by

No comments: